Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up and being 'handled'

So the holiday wasn't really a holiday but nonetheless I am back at work.


In my time off I finished two books - Game of thrones and Thomas Jefferson, Art of Power. I recommend both. Especially the latter on audio book.


I also cleaned, laundered clothes, prepared for a major work project, cooked and baked, and played with new gadgets and gizmos. Fun.



What I do remember vividly was shopping in Walmart (judge me I don't care) and being pan handled. I was taken a back as I know Walmart doesn't play with solicitation in stores. I politely refused (what if in my money exchange, it could have construed for illegal services or goods), kept a good hand on my purse, and continued shopping.



As I neared the end of my shopping excursion, I noticed the same pan handling family fussing adamantly in their language and hurriedly putting stuff in the mom's overstuffed bag. I prayed that they weren't stealing.


I say that as one Walmart doesn't play on prosecuting the smallest infraction of stealing and two I just witnessed their pan handling. What else am I supposed to think?


I know times are tough. I am seriously refraining on a blog post on the sequester and how it impacts us. What I am concerned about is how these tough times are hurting families - no family should have to beg for money anywhere.


Needless to say that simple errand hurt my heart greatly.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: