Look at you! All grown up. Here all the things I want to say to you but can't (at least not in front of our relatives) about marriage:
- Duh its hard. You married your counterpart, your half. There will be days when you want strangle your spouse because he left underwear and towels on the floor, dishes and the sink and he didn't go to work therefore he could have washed dishes and did the laundry.
- Its fun. Duh, you married your counterpart, your other half. There are days where you want do the very opposite. 1/
- Don't tell people your marital business. Its your marriage, the moment you let someone else in…things go south. Somethings are better left unsaid.
- You're busy. But not busy you can't text, pick up a damn phone, or plan a trip with your mom and sister. 3/
- You'll need your "alone" time. Sounds selfish? Nope. Being around someone who is your counterpart is EXHAUSTING. Give yourself time to go grocery shopping, a Target run, buying a book…something. But give yourself a "couple break".
- You still need to date. No really. Just because you are married doesn't preclude you from a night on the town 2/. From a movie night to dinner - plan something fun for each and with each other.
- Laugh. Self explanatory
- Laugh harder. Especially when you're facing tests, trials, and tribulations.
- Pray together.
- Pray for each other.
Yep that's about it. Keep it moving. Have a blast!
1/ See I left it blank, you fill in whatever.
2/ Not just on your anniversary…
3/ Essence, Spa Weekend